Sunday, March 16, 2008

Oh Holy Hell


Fuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkkk.

On Friday, my downstairs neighbor smelled gas and called the gas company. Long story short, there's a leak. A giant, massive leak, and they were surprised that we were still functioning as normal, non-retarded adults. I was at Mike's for the night, watching a little Pistons-Spurs action, so I ignored the whole situation.

When I waltzed in on Saturday around nooner, I immediately noticed an extreme temperature change. The gas company decided to turn off the furnace. Awesome.

At least my landlord is positive and productive, unlike Maria the Harpy From Hell:

The furnace company said that if the problem is what the gas company says it is that I'll probably need a new furnace and that a house call on a Saturday would be pointless. He's coming Monday. That means the house is without heat right now. I apologize!

She went on to say that the furnace company offered up some free space heaters if we were interested, but I headed to Mike's instead. Like I need an excuse to see him!

The electricity works and I've got hot water. It's not so bad. At least it isn't 12 degrees outside... But I'm not even going to attempt to shower here. Hope that my parents didn't have some romantic evening planned, because I'm totally crashing!

No comments: