Thursday, December 14, 2006

Old and New

My office, once located in a non-descript building on the edge of Chinatown, just moved... to a hotel! Well, we're renting space from the L'Enfant Plaza Hotel, and though my own personal office is probably the size of one of their rooms (seriously, it's huge), there's not that much "hotelish" about it. Just office space. Let's compare though, shall we?

Old office - in the midst of packing.

I'll miss the view, but...

Wow!

Not my furniture, actually (that's the old tenant's stuff).

I love the blue accent walls.

One of the coolest things is that the metro empties into the building, so once I get to Union Station to begin my commute, I don't have to go outside again (unless I want to). Plus, the mall is this whole "city" underneath the building: a Post Office, CVS, tailor, dry cleaner, SMOOTHIE PLACE, and restaurants. Granted, there are some really scary places (that's a whole different post altogether - I think that I'll call it "A Walking Tour of L'Enfant Promenade." Oh, just you wait), but all-in-all, it's pretty neat.

The Hotel has a gym - with a pool - and I can join for a ridiculously low monthly rate. A pool?!?!? I can't wait to swim laps. As for the gym, I'm going to have to think back to high school track practice to remember how to use some of the machines. I did hear that they have yoga classes though... Because really, can you picture me lifting weights? Heh.

Change is good, and I'm excited.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, nice office! It looks so professional and grown up!

Anonymous said...

SHOOZE!

Heather said...

OMG, Shane, I KNOW. I can't wait for the Walking Tour.

Unknown said...

As a L'Enfant long-timer, I'd be happy to offer my assistance in said post.

How funny that I'm commenting on your blog while you sit down the hall, a mere 100 yards.

Heather said...

Well, Stephanie, I have my camera with me always, so anytime you want to start documenting this beautiful building, I'll be up for it. I can't decide if it should begin or end with "Shooze."

Oh, and FYI, my boss is out today. Again.