Monday, December 04, 2006

Hobbits are Hirsute. Apparently.

Over four years ago, I ordered a gorgeous set of The Lord of the Rings through my fabulous book club and until just about a week ago, they sat on my shelf. In my defense, I did have two years of grad school occupying my time, but I know now that that was no excuse.

I'd tried to start the trilogy a few months ago, but got sidetracked by other books. The first chapter didn't really do it fo me, and I lost interest. So instead, I read The Hobbit and loved it. I knew that it was only a matter of time before I would try again. Lots of people had been pestering me to read them for a while now, and before heading to the metro one day, I grabbed the first book in the trilogy.

And now, here I am in the same situation that I've discovered myself several times before: I just want to read it all of the time. I tried reading at work today, but The Boss kept waltzing on in. It's a good thing that I can recognize her walk... Okay, enough of this posting - I'm going to go read.

I am such a nerd!

No comments: