Monday, April 18, 2005

Here Comes the Sun

Oh holy deliciousness. It is 76 degrees out there. Seventy-six! The best part - the humidity hasn't weaseled its way here just yet, so it is LOVELY to be outside. 84 tomorrow. Do I scare my fellow red line riders tomorrow morning with my blinding white legs by sporting a fab skirt? I think that I shall, as the weather for Wednesday is going to drop down into the 60s. It's now or never, people. Maybe Awesome Roommate has some kind of self tanner - she should, as she is addicted to products. Addicted.

I do have to say that in this weather, my favorite accessory has got to be the cheap-o pair of Audrey-esque sunglasses that I found while rummaging through the bins at H&M. (Ah H&M, how do I love thee?). They don't have those annoying little nose thingys that get caught in your hair whilst on top of your head being employed as a stylish headband, they don't give me a headache, and I haven't managed to break them yet. And for that last point, they are the miracle sunglasses!

Last summer, I think that I went through 7 pairs of sunglasses. Why? Well, I don't actually lose my sunglasses. I just somehow manage to sit on them, step on them, or crunch them in the bottom of my bag. Which is why I cringe every time someone mentions paying $100 for sunglasses. The most I think I ever paid for a pair was $14 -- and those were the ones that lasted less than a day before I accidentally stepped on them. Now, I refuse to pay more than $10 for a pair. The H&M pair? $4.90. I should have bought more...


It's a wonder that I haven't broken my regular glasses just yet. I do tend to leave them all haphazard-like on my nightstand every night, so you'd think that I would somehow swat them onto the floor or knock them off with the duvet in my sleep. Maybe this is the time to be knocking on wood...

No comments: