Thursday, February 24, 2005

Snow day!... Well, Snow Afternoon!

All day Wednesday, the brave DC meteorologists were on TV and radio warning us of a "really big storm" heading our way. Remember that here in the DC metro area, "really," "big," and "storm" mean completely different things than they do in the Wolverine State. "Get to the store and stock up on bread and milk, because this is going to be a big one!"

School leaders were up all night, waiting to see if the chillins should stay home. I really started to fall for it too. "Ooooh, maybe if schools get cancelled, so will the Federal Government!" So, being a massive idiot, I stayed up until 2 a.m. reading. Because we won't have to go to work! Nope.

I looked outside this morning, and much to my dismay, only 1/4 inch of snow was nestled in the grass. Oh balls. Soooo, I got ready, got to work, practically slept through a two hour conference call, forgot to eat lunch, and ended up getting sent home 2 hours early as part of the Early Dismissal for Federal Employees. Awe-some!

So I'm home, in slippers and my favorite hooded sweatshirt, about to have dinner and pour myself some wine, and start a new book. Oh, but wait. How many inches of snow are expected?

3 to 5.

No comments: