Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I Know I Don't Need It. I WANT It.

Like many little girls, I was obsessed with my mom's things.  Her jewelry, her clothes and shoes, and her make-up and perfume.  She had this long robe that I wore whenever I possibly could - it was thick and white and clearly made with the clouds of Heaven.  It was SO SOFT.  Plus, when I stood over a heating vent, the whole robe would billow up with warm air and I wouldn't freeze to death in my house.

(Fun story - my dad has always kept the house at about 65 degrees in the winter, and my brother and I would try to nudge the thermostat up just enough so that the heat would come on, but not so much that he would notice.  Spoiler - he always did.  Of course, if I am now in a house that is above 65 degrees, I usually have to start peeling off clothing.  And it can get really awkward. Is what I'm saying.)

I was even obsessed with her luggage.

As a college graduation gift, my grandparents gave my mom a set of luggage.  Samsonite.  Light blue.  Of course, it was 1974, so it isn't the fanciest looking stuff today.  I don't know why, but playing with the suitcases rated pretty high on my to-do list.  My favorite piece was the "train case."

Unfortunately, it definitely isn't the fanciest, now that my parents' basement flooded and it got all kinds of mucked up.  And then it got thrown in a landfill somewhere and I died a little inside.

So I am on the lookout for a Samsonite Train Case. Light blue.  Not covered in flood water.


3 comments:

Waayers said...

Oh my gosh, I ALSO used to wear my mom's robe while standing over the heating vent! Wasn't that the best?

Also....Samsonite! I was way off!

Heather said...

waayers - HAHAHAHA. Slippy, Slappy, Swanson...

Anonymous said...

I have a light blue train case in excellent condition!