Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I Didn't Want to Get Sued

My parents are currently "between internet providers," which is my family's way of saying, "Dad doesn't want to spend a lot of money while Mom seethes but slowly wears him down and eventually just gets something installed while he's at the grocery store."

Anyway, they used to read my blog.  They thought that I was hilarious.  (Really, they did!)  But then my dad happened upon a post that I wrote about a local family law firm and he got all lawyer-y on me because I made the argument that they were all completely inbred.  I mean, they probably aren't, but check them out.  I'll wait.

I also might have made light of the son who seemed to have... um, "issues," until I found out that he was actually blind.  (Which was a bit of a relief, to be honest.  The guy was never looking at the camera and was always cross-eyed, Why would you want him as your lawyer?)

Anyway, my dad didn't want me to get sued, and frankly, I wasn't too keen on the idea.  So I removed it.  Then again, if this video didn't get these guys sued, then I have a feeling that I would have been fine:



Also, he thought that I swore too much.  To which I replied, "Yes, Dad, but the word "fuck" is fucking hilarious."  He didn't know what to do with that.

Right, so my dad thinks that it's too much of a hassle to go to the city library to use the internet even though he's clearly paying taxes and you'd think that he would want to take full advantage of their services.  My mom wants to have internet that she can access from "anywhere in the house."  A wireless router mom?  "No, I just want to be able to get online anywhere."  Okay.

Anyway, what it really comes down to is that my dad is scared of change.  And that he thinks that they will change their house phone number.  "The Bar Association has that number and it can't change!"

Anyway, they used to read my blog, and they still might if they had internet, but they don't.

Sigh.  

No comments: