Tuesday, January 01, 2013

2012 Round-Up!

Things happened during the last two months of 2012, I swear, but you wouldn't know it from this blog now, would you?

ANYWAY.

One day in November, I saw this fat squirrel on the steps of my building, so that was awesome.  



She... might have been pregnant.

I went to visit my lovely Emily and meet the beautiful Katy baby.  Of course, Brian was there to ham it up for the camera:



And I went to see the new baby, but I have no pictures of said baby, so I stole one from Emily's facebook page.


Emily has two ginger babies.  Hee!

Thanksgiving happened, and I hosted it.  It was a lovely affair, and there was no vag-bird this year, so we kept things PG.  Which was good as my three nieces and my cousin's two boys would probably have been traumatized for life.  And when they finally had a breakthrough in their therapy sessions years later, they would come to the realization that their Aunt Heather was to blame for the fact that they have never had fulfilling relationships.

You know, probably.

So there were a lot of people in the condo, and it was very, very loud and my Papa turned off his hearing aids in revolt and also to preserve his sanity.  Also I had some beers.





But there were some amazing things.  I tried a few new recipes - well, only after promising my mother and brother that I would not fuck with the turkey or stuffing recipes - and they were very well received.  Especially the Spiced Apple Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting.  HOLY JESUS, those cupcakes were amazing.

And then there were leftovers, which is one of the best parts of Thanksgiving:



So, yes. Thanksgiving happened.

THEN, there was Christmas, which was ALSO a lovely affair.  

I didn't put up the tree until like, the 20th of December or something. And it was definitely in danger of being crushed by a dwarf:




Seriously, it is only 48 inches tall.

I got Mike a freaking awesome present, but it will make absolutely no sense to you if you don't watch The League:


Mr. McGibblets

I made many cookies for work people and for family people, and these teddy gingerbread cookies were far too adorable to leave unphotographed:


I highly recommend the recipe.

New Year's Eve was also a crazy affair.  I drank this ridiculously expensive champagne from Morgan and York:



While playing this:


We stayed up past midnight this year, which was definitely an improvement from last year when we fell asleep at 10.

And now it is the first of the year, and I have made zero resolutions.  And that's probably the way that it's going to stay.  And I'm fine with that.

No comments: