Friday, January 27, 2012

Phone Etiquette

"I'm convinced that when you call me and I don't answer, you hang up the phone, throw it, and run in the opposite direction."

My office is in the basement of the museum, and there is absolutely no cell phone reception. If I want to make a call, I have to haul my ass upstairs, wait for my phone to realize that it's above ground, and then call. I can't stand around in the fucking lobby all day, so if he doesn't answer, I leave a voicemail (sometimes) and go back to work.

Also, he is infinitely busier than I am at work. Even when he's working from home, I'm lucky if he even answers the phone when I call. We're not one of those couples who call each other all the damn time, but I had a very important story to tell him, and it was necessary. God.

I think that it was about... birds. Or possibly sandwiches.

So he calls me back within a few minutes, but I am already in the bowels of the museum and have no reception. Hence today's quote.

2 comments:

Ruby Chelmsford said...

Gosh, just imagine the hassle with what you are doing! Up, down, up, down! Haha! But really, when it comes to telecommunication, signal reception plays a very important role. Connectivity is just as important as having a clear voice.

Heather said...

ruby - I miss NOT having a cell phone.