Thursday, January 05, 2012

Peanut Dressing/Dip

I don't remember where I found the original recipe for this dressing/dip, but I've modified it enough so that I feel comfortable calling it my own. You guys, it's pretty awesome. I've used it as a dressing for an Asian noodle salad, as a dip for veggies, and as a marinade for chicken.

This is a quality picture, right?

  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup rice vinegar
  • splash soy sauce
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
  • 1/2 tsp lime zest
  • juice of 1/2 lime
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2/3 cup canola oil
In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients but the canola oil. When thoroughly combined, leave the blender/processor on low and slowly steam in the canola oil so that it incorporates completely.

For garnishes or additions on a salad or noodles or whatnot, you should definitely consider using the following:

1/4 cup scallions
1/4 cup chopped peanuts

No comments: