Friday, November 27, 2009

I'm An Idiot

Sometimes I wonder if that should just be one of my labels. You know, like "movie reviews" or "recipes?" Because I do some pretty retarded things sometimes.

Em came to visit last weekend, and all was awesome. Mike took us to dinner, we went to the Irish pub and then passed out watching Clue. We had an awesome breakfast on Saturday morning before heading out to tailgate for the Michigan game (even though it was a lost cause). But when you know someone who knows someone who is a Sam Adams representative, it turns into a fantastic orgy of pony kegs and free food, and no one really cares who wins the game because the team just blows and is showing no sign of improvement.

Em and H enjoy free beers

Kels, Em, and H
I was in both of their weddings!
(A little useless fact for y'all)

But that was last weekend! Today now... today was a day full of Heather and her idiotic moments. Emily left her cell phone charger at my house, and I was supposed to drop it off at her mom's on Thanksgiving. I forgot. I mean, of fucking course I forgot. It doesn't matter that I used pretty purple pen to draw a star on my hand to help remind me. It doesn't matter that I placed the charger by my purse. Hell, it wouldn't have mattered if I had put it in my purse, because I most likely would have forgotten to go to her mom's house anyway.

Also? I really don't know when I turned into this forgetful, insane person.

Anyway, we planned on meeting today, BLACK FRIDAY (dun dun duuuunnn), at some point in the morning, before she headed back to Holland. My cell rang at nine, and I did that thing where I pretended that I was wide awake, "No, I've been up for a while! I'm still in bed, but I'm super wide awake, I swear!" (It certainly didn't help that I stayed up until one a.m. the night before so that I could be one of the first to order from Threadless when their $9 sale went into effect.) So I crawled out of bed, threw on jeans, and got in the car.

It's only about twenty minutes from Mike's house to my hometown, and I delivered the charger without a hitch. (On the way out of town, I passed the Target near his place and couldn't believe how crowded it was. People actually ENJOY barreling headfirst into that mess? No, thank you.)

You might be thinking, "Well, this isn't such a good story now, is it? I'm kind of bored. I wonder if it's going to get better." Oh, it is.

I stopped at my parents' to pick up the Thanksgiving leftovers that I forgot last night (see? I'm a menace), and ended up playing a few rounds of the Scene It! movie edition. I won both times because I am a double threat - I have brilliant knowledge of both old and new movies. Hence, double threat! Bwuh huh huh! I really don't know why they want to play the damn game with me - I always win, I'm extremely loud and shrill when I scream out the answers, and I am annoyingly competitive.

Really annoying.

I got ready to leave, and realized that my wallet was not so much in my purse as nowhere to be found. Doh, it was on Mike's couch - right where I left it at one a.m. when ordering some supercool t-shirts.

Long story short (too late), my dad drove me twenty minutes to Mike's to get my wallet and then drove me back to their house. A ridiculous waste of time, for sure, but at least I annihilated my parents in that DVD game, right? Right?

God, I'm an idiot.

No comments: