Saturday, November 28, 2009

Cougar What Now?

Something strange happened the other evening. I finished watching Modern Family, laughed my ass off, and then Courteney Cox's new show came on.

And it was actually funny.

Cougar Town. Who knew? Courteney plays Jules, a recently divorced woman who decides to have fun with her life. And that's all you really need to know. Her two best friends love her, but hate each other, which is entertaining. Ellie is played by Christa Miller (the fantastically bitchy Jordan on Scrubs) while Laurie is played by Busy Philipps (I think that she was in Dawson's Creek? I know that she was in White Chicks. And I am not ashamed to admit that the first time I saw it, that movie had me laughing like an idiot).

She has a son - a total Casanova, an ex-husband she tolerates, a fun set of neighbors, and the one single guy across the street who she will either end up with, or have annoying sexual tension with. Only time will tell.

To be honest, this isn't a show that I would make sure to catch every week. It's not even a show that I would DVR for later. It's more like a show to watch when it's on. See what you think. You know, if you feel like it.

No comments: