Friday, October 30, 2009

It's About Time

You know what's nice about having a great job that you love? Actually wanting to do the work.

It's been quite some time that I've been actively engrossed in my work. There were always distractions, always something better to do. And when you're temping, it doesn't matter how much you like the people for whom you're working, because it's still temporary and it's not what you want to do nor are remotely interested in doing.

I'm not saying that I believe this feeling will go on forever. I realize that there are bad days ahead, annoying assignments, obnoxious situations, and frustrating deadlines. But I don't care.

I don't care because I feel that I am finally doing something right. I have the job I have been waiting for since I finished graduate school way back in 2004.

It's a good feeling.

No comments: