Saturday, October 17, 2009

Happy Sweetest Day, Love!

I know that we are supposed to ignore the made-for-profit holidays, but let's just say that someone forgot Sweetest Day last year, and someone did not. And I am one of those two people.

(Also, that link just taught me that Sweetest Day is a Midwestern holiday. I blame the weather.)

It's not that Mike and I don't think that it's a fake holiday (because we do), and it's not that Mike and I are super romantic every waking hour (because who is?). What it really comes down to is that I was the one to forget about Sweetest Day last year, and he was the one to remember. And it's been held over my head ever since.

So even though I was rebelling against it, because you shouldn't have to wait for a calendar date to tell someone how much you love him, I gave in. Because what do you do when you find the CUTEST Sweetest Day card ever (with birdies!) at Target? You have to buy it. And I did.

And even when your boyfriend says that the CUTEST CARD EVER makes it "even" and he goes ahead and gets you a really sweet card anyway, therefore now (and probably for all eternity) making it uneven, you know that it's all because he knows that he can tease you (and that you secretly like that he teases you) and that it's all just another part of your awesome relationship.

And since there will never be a card that says exactly what I want, I'll let a band do it for me. In excerpts!

Must Have Done Something Right
Relient K

We should get jerseys
Because we make a good team
But yours would look better than mine
Because you're out of my league

And I know that it's so cliche
To tell you that every day
I spend with you
Is the new best day of my life

If anyone could make me a better person you could
All I gotta say is I must have done something good.
You came along one day and rearranged my life
All I gotta say is I must have done something right

I love you, honey!
(HAPPY FAKE HOLIDAY!)

No comments: