Tuesday, September 19, 2006

RFK

I headed to RFK Stadium last night to witness the Nats take a pounding from the Braves. Yes, the tickets were free, why do you ask? As an added bonus, I got to see the hilarious sign once again:
And... the stands were pretty deserted. See the picture below from last season? See all of those people? Yeah, there were no people.

They could use an angel in the outfield. Maybe one who sounded like Christopher Lloyd. And a young orphan boy who lives in a foster home with the homeless lady from Home Alone 2: Lost in New York could become a sort of mascot after seeing angels. And he would have a sassy token friend and they would both get adopted by Frank Robinson after the Nats win the pennant.

Or something.

Anyway, I ate a ton of junk - hot dogs, fries, beer, and Dippin' Dots.


Going to RFK reminds me of going to old Tiger Stadium with my Grandpa. We'd buy peanuts in a paper bag from some guy on Michigan Ave and Grandpa would explain the game to us from what I now know to be really good seats. But just as RFK has gotten too old (according to some), so did Tiger Stadium. Now it's Comerica Park and while a gorgeous park, it lacks the nostalgia of my youth. It also lacks obstructed views, though, which were the Tiger Stadium seats we always seemed to end up in on school field trips. So I guess that's a plus.

No comments: