Monday, June 19, 2006

DC Improv

Headed to the DC Improv on Sunday night to see Pablo Francisco. I'm told that he has a special on Comedy Central, but I'd never heard of him. Glad I went, though, because he was pretty damn funny, and it was a good way to end the weekend (as sunburned as I was). I love the Improv because it's small and intimate and the comics seem larger than life. Plus, I saw Dane Cook there, long ago. Ah, memories...

The Improv has some strange policies, though. Their seating makes absolutely no sense, but that's the way comedy clubs go, so I'm told. But when you're small and the couple in front of you is large, well... you do the math. The wife turned to her husband after
every joke to make sure he "heard" it. Got a bit obnoxious, really.

Then there was the two item minimum, which includes food and drinks. Who really wants to drink at 10:30 p.m. on a Sunday night? Everyone, apparently! I think that as long as everyone ordered something, the server didn't really care.


It was a fun time.

No comments: