Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Boating Party

No, not this painting.

An actual boating party.


Chesapeake Bay and a crab trap floaty thingy

It's nice to have friends who buy boats and then want to go to Chesapeake Bay and boat it around. It was a blast, and the only thing that
might have made the day more enjoyable would have been the absence of five foot waves. Poor Amanda wasn't feeling very sea-worthy after a while. But she perked up!

Mike's boat is currently named
Wet Willie. This is lame. Most of the day was spent trying to convince him to rename it Your Mom. Just imagine the possibilities:

I was on
Your Mom all weekend!
Your Mom took me all over the place!
Your Mom made me sick.
Your Mom's a bit rusty.
Your Mom is looking a little messy down below.

And the list goes on and on. I mean, how old are we, twelve? Giggle!


As a huge bird nerd, I noticed some amazing raptors nesting in the buoys al over the Bay. I guessed that they were sea ospreys, but that was only because I couldn't think of any other bird of prey that would be nesting on a buoy in the middle of a huge body of water. Turns out, I was
right, though they're just ospreys, not sea ospreys. They were incredible though - and their babies were adorable! I still can't believe that I saw ospreys so close to the boat!


Osprey nest. Blurry thing = osprey.

And, as all boating parties go, I ended up with a sweet sunburn. Putting on sunblock as the boat is pulling out of the marina = stupid. And yet, I seem to do this at any time sunblock is necessary. Dumbass.

No comments: