Monday, May 15, 2006

Ducks. And Squirrel!

So I was having lunch with Betsy and Merrick in Franklin Square Park, and as we lounged in the sun, this tubby squirrel wandered over in search of food:

He was definitely evil - look at his eyes! But most likely not carrying rabies, so I probably shouldn't have mentioned it and freaked out Betsy. Hehe. So we successfully shooed his lard ass away, and almost immediately after, a pair of mallards came waddling over:

They got really close, obviously accustomed to handouts. A little too close, really...

(There's Betsy's salad and the top of my bag -- that's how damn close they were. Seriously - they had no shame! And to top it all off, they were quack-growling. It was very disconcerting. Maybe they had rabies, too...)

It was pretty entertaining (though, as I read over this, it's pretty much the boringest post ever. Guess I just wanted to post the rabies-inflicted animals of Franklin Square Park).

No comments: