Thursday, February 09, 2006

Brand Recognition

There are times when I think that marketers are developing products and designing packaging just for me:


Ha! Let's get a closer look, shall we?


You see, there is nothing on the packaging that explains why these bags are "Awesome!" I've looked. Instead, I believe that the company was depending on gullible people like me to see the flashy-colored box and catchy name to draw me in (well, Jenny bought them, not me, at Shopper's - the Payless of grocery stores - so who knows what will happen).

Granted, the "other brand" shows bags of spaghetti sauce being dropped on women in flawless white pantsuits resulting harmoniously (but let's be honest - we all want that bag to burst open on those Park Avenue 'ladies who lunch' just to witness the meltdowns. Oh, the meltdowns...)


I don't know... until a bag bursts on me, I will buy
Awesome! bags. I mean, just look at them! That marketing team deserves a gold star.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, we have those in *my* house! When I first saw them appear in the kitchen drawer, I immediately thought of you. :)