Friday, January 20, 2006

Malibu


MALIBU. That's so much cooler than VIBE.

So that's the car that I have for the weekend. It was either $50 on the car for the weekend or $300 plus a car rental to meet my mom and aunt in Florida. I was really debating a lovely trip to Florida. And then we got the gas bill.


TELL ME how our gas bill can be $303. SOMEone explain this to me. We keep the freaking house at 60 degrees, which normally has me wrapped in blankets and wearing two sweatshirts to bed. During that billing period, all three of us were gone for a week (or more) for Christmas. And we left it at 55 degrees then. And it's STILL that expensive. Right, our landlord emailed us this in mid-December:


It’s supposed to get really cold over the next few days so to prevent pipes from freezing would you leave your heat on and let a low constant flow of water out of the faucets till this bitter cold weather stops. Thanks so much Maria

Uh huh. Sure. And that's when it was supposed to be in the 30s. I've never even thought to leave water running, though I guess the pipes here are probably different than the ones in the great white north. Either way, no Florida trip for me - though it would have been a nice, relaxing way to get my mind off of things.

But I got a MALIBU. Nothing like the freedom of the road to give you a sunny disposition on life.


Well, I'm on my way.

No comments: