Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Check It Out

Can't decide which will be more of a train wreck, The Producers or Cheaper By the Dozen 2? Are you snarky? Well, then, this site's for you! I'm totally linking to it over there on the right side of the screen. Done and done. (Although, to be honest, I kinda want to see The Producers. No, really).

The titles of the reviews make me laugh. For example, the review for The Producers is entitled, "Nothing Like a Wacky Broadway Nightmare to Make You Hate Christmas
," and "Don't Even Think About It" is the title for Cheaper By the Dozen 2. Snerk. I know what I'm doing at work tomorrow!

P.S. If you have a chance, and if the words "that gay cowboy movie" don't scare you, definitely read their review. I've yet to see the film as the mainstream theaters in DC won't carry it, but I read the short story in college and have not forgotten its power.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

L-O-V-E that site.

gabe said...

I actually wanted to see The Producers. I mean, a sexy Uma Thurman, a crazy Will Ferrell, acrazy plot concerning Hitler? Sounds like a winner to me.

Ang Lee was also the guy who did that other gay movie, right? With a Chinese guy and a white guy, right? I actually watched that one. Not bad. But I don't think I'll watch the gay cowboy one...

Heather said...

I remember watching the original film with my dad (Gene Wilder was perfection), and when they started singing "Springtime For Hitler," I thought that my stomach would burst from laughing so hard. In fact, my mom saw it with my aunt the other day and she said my aunt had to take hits from her inhaler because she was laughing too hard. I will see it eventually!

Yeah, Ang Lee did the other film, Gabester, though I didn't see it. To be honest, I doubt that I would want to see Brokeback Mountain if I hadn't already read the story. I can't convince anyone to see it or read it, and I understand if people can't get past the whole idea of two men together (especially after reading the review on pajiba.com and discovering how graphic it actually is). I do have a link to the short story if anyone is interested, however.

Anonymous said...

I saw The Producers with my mom over Christmas (she refused to see The Ringer with me, for some reason). I really liked it! Crazy Will Ferrell is hysterical, as always. And what's not to like about a singing Ferris Bueller-I mean, Matthew Broderick?

Anonymous said...

I'd go see Brokeback with you HP. And I definitely want to see Will Ferrell playing a crazy Nazi. That man is hilarious.

Heather said...

You're on! I think it's playing in Dupont or at E Street.