Friday, September 23, 2005

Private Dancer

"I'm your private dancer, your dancer for money - I'll be who you want me to be!"

I love that my parents had that Tina Turner CD and they used to let me sing along not knowing what it meant! Of course, these are the same people that laughed their asses off when I used to pull off the fur on my teddy bear and stick it up my nose, so maybe that gives you a clue as to why I turned out the way that I did. Thanks, guys.
_________________________________________________

So I've decided that since DC stays warm through the end of October, I will wear skirts as often as possible until it gets too cold. Although, DC never really gets "too" cold, now does it? It dips below freezing every once in a while, causing the residents to FREAK THE HELL OUT and declare snow emergencies and cancel school and send federal employees home early. Oh wait. I should be glad for that...

But right, skirts. I love skirts. Feeling feminine is good. I just wish I could wear jeans. Old office was all about the jeans - probably the only good thing about that job. Of course, wearing my favorite pair was completely out of the question, as they are so old (I've had them since senior year of high school, so... eight years? I don't know. I've forgotten how to add and subtract in my head), that there are a few holes. For example, I like to pull on my jeans using the beltloops. So the two on the side have ginormous holes underneath them. There are also holes at the inside tops of the back pockets. Have no idea how those got there. So basically, when I choose to wear those jeans - though mostly around the house or on a quick trip to the market - I have to be extremely creative in underwear selection. I don't want people to think that I am an old prude, so the boring, flesh colored ones are out. But I don't want people thinking that I am some slutty whore, so the thongs and any black ones are also out. I usually settle on something pink and lacy, because I figure that makes me seem flirty, cute, and a little naughty. Because let's face it - sometimes there just isn't enough naughty in our lives...

_________________________________________________


Have recently realized that I am turning into that annoying person who forces pictures of her infant relative onto unsuspecting coworkers. I am not proud of this. But my brother sent pictures to me the other day (oh, let's be honest, Kari sent the pictures), and they are SO PERFECT that I wish I could share them with everyone. Maybe I'll find someone with a scanner to help me out...

_________________________________________________

Dinner party tonight - just the ladies. We haven't gotten together in a while, and it just seems like a good night for food, wine, 80s movies, and good conversation. Having salad, garlic bread, and awesome spaghetti, because my mom's fabulous recipe makes SO MUCH and I wanted to share! Making a yummy marinara for Laurel, since as a veggie, she might not fully appreciate the two pounds of beef that goes into the Lady's recipe. Such a good comfort food recipe for me. I usually just end up freezing most of it into convenient "dinner-for-one" baggies. Works well when I'm hungry, not so well when it reminds me that I'm a little lonely sometimes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe he should come here. So we could meet him and not have to give you up every weekend to the black hole known as MI!

Heather said...

Touche!

I know, I know. The flight was cheap and I had a discount. I'm weak!

He will be here October 13-16. Mark your calendars, y'all! Especially if Pat Carroll is playing at Murphy's that weekend...

Anonymous said...

Snuggle makes me light and fluffy.. Wheee(toss in the air)... Lemon fresh scent too...... (sniff, sniff, sniff) I love Teddy so much!!! It gives him character that he is half bald and can't hold his head up!!

Heather said...

I just LOVE that you remember that, EmFace. I had almost forgotten...

Anonymous said...

It's been like what... 18 years that we have been friends.... I have a special place for Teddy in my heart!!!