Sunday, September 18, 2005

No Chicken Dance?

Yep, so I totally underestimated the new job. I definitely LOVE it, but I was so used to having absolutely nothing to do, that I forgot what it was like to be productive.

Jeremy's wedding was this weekend in good old Michigan. I headed to Jeremy's parents' for a little pre-wedding get-together on Friday night. It was super fun, AND I got to play a few hands of euchre. Why does no one here know how to play? Gah. So we kept his parents up until 1 a.m. or so before venturing off into bumblefuck OHIO to find the hotel.

The wedding was beautiful and elegant - and I bawled like an idiot pretty much the whole time. I was okay until Jeremy's sister got up to sing There Is Love (Gordon Lightfoot) which is, coincidentally, my parents' wedding song. LOST IT. Mascara didn't really run, but when we stopped at the hotel before the reception, I noticed that all of my under-eye makeup had disappeared, leaving me looking like a freaking zombie. Ah, well. Cover Girl to the rescue!

Reception was a blast - sit down dinners are always awesome because you don't have to do ANYTHING. The boys were upset because the bar was closed during dinner, but they sure made up for it as soon as those plates were cleared away... the drunken dancing... oh man. The DJ was quite obnoxious, too - what kind of a DJ only has TWO Journey songs and doesn't play The Chicken Dance )actually kind of grateful for that one)?

Anyway, I am exhausted. I may have gotten a total of ten hours of sleep this entire weekend.

No comments: