Friday, September 02, 2005

Another Long Weekend

Thursday was my last day at the crap job. I was there for one year. A very long year. Right, so I know that I was lucky to find a salaried position and not have to wait tables, but MAN ALIVE am I glad it's over.

I seriously felt myself getting stupider and stupider each day (see? At this point, I'm not even sure that 'stupider' is a word. I'd look it up, but laziness has really set in during this past year as well. Meh. SEE?!?!?!) My brain had started a shut down process and the only way I kept it alive was with the Washington Post crossword and daily doses of Jeopardy (I hate you Alex Trebek).

I had NO idea that this would happen. The boredom and laziness made me complacent, and sending out a resume every few weeks
became good enough. And then the call came about Sweet New Job.

I interviewed on a Wednesday afternoon and I got the call Thursday morning. FINALLY! My new boss and I completed the same MA program at GWU. Did that help? Who cares? I got the job! The day after Labor Day, the intellectual stimulation begins. I am so looking forward to intelligent conversation...


Tomorrow, I am meeting Amanda for lunch (we're going super high class at The Baja Fresh). And that's all I have planned! I'm sure I'll have to take a nap at some point during the day. Hmmm... I wonder if I'll ever be able to "work from home" like K-10...

2 comments:

Heather said...

What the hell is a Peugeot? That's a worse car name than VIBE.

Anonymous said...

It's French. I know, the French are lame.