Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Things to Do While in Michigan

K-10 is crossing the pond this Friday and returning to the States for the wedding from hell. I haven't seen her since New Year's, and this is unacceptable. Completely unrelated to that, my niece is now one month and five days old, and I haven't seen her in a whole month! Thirdly (thirdly? Is that even correct?), Spirit Airlines had a flight for $103. THEREFORE, on July 8, I will be flitting off to southeastern Michigan for a quick weekend of babies, K-10s, and Michigan humidity. There are many things that I will need to accomplish whilst (heh) I am there, and I've made a list of things that I hope to do:

1. (tie) See my niece. Take lots of pictures.
1. (tie) See K-10. Be crazy together.
3. Go to Meijer, the most fabulous place in history, without a shopping agenda. Stay for hours. And get a frozen Coke from the Purple Cow.
4. Buy many things from the 'Intimate Apparel' department at Marshall Fields as they have the best stuff and there are no Marshall Fields near the DC metro area.
5. Get ice cream at Stroh's in Wyandotte.
6. Drive dad's car.
7. Go to Mexican Gardens for the Three Taco Dinner (they don't have a website, and I would never expect them to even think about having one, so here's a review).
8. Get to Ann Arbor, if possible.

I think that it can all be done. Maybe not Ann Arbor, but that's okay. I'll try to get there in the fall for a football game or something.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I. Love. Meijer. SO MUCH. Can't wait!

I will be getting Chocolate 'n' Peanut Butter at Strohs, but I might have to buy an actual bumpy cake when I am there. Awrey's bumpy cake... MMMMMM... Right, K-10?