Tuesday, August 16, 2011

21 versus 31

I am turning 31 years old in two days, and I think it's... kind of funny. I sure as hell don't feel 31, but then again, what is a 31 year-old supposed to feel like? I know that I am a completely different person than I was at 21, but I wonder how many differences have popped up in the past ten years. Let's compare, shall we?

A Typical Week
21: Go to the bar 5-6 times a week
31: Go to the gym 5-6 times a week

Nighttime Routine
21: Fall into bed at 3 a.m. after studying, partying, or bar-hopping
31: Wash face, brush teeth, use night cream. At 9:30 p.m.

Shopping for Groceries
21: Cart full of ramen noodles
31: Cart full of ramen noodles and fresh produce

Football Saturday Routine

21: Wake up, drink, go to game, go to party, drink
31: Wake up, go to gym, watch football from comfort of own couch, drink

Leisure Time
21: Read
31: Read

Tolerance for Alcohol
21: Four beers, after which I would throw up.
31: Four beers, after which I turn into a mean drunk.

Need for Sleep
21: Six hours, tops
31: Need eight hours, get six

Restaurant Choices
21: Would try nothing new
31: Can't believe I lived for over 21 years without trying sushi

Work
21: The only way to pay for beer
31: The only way to pay my car insurance

Love
21: If it comes along
31: Can't live without

No comments: