Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I Don't Think That Traffic Rules Should Apply to Me

I don't know what it is about my brain sometimes. I drive the same way to work every day, and the lights are timed so that I know exactly which ones I am going to make and which are going to make me scream.

So why is it that every morning - every morning - I am convinced that I am going to make that one pesky light? If I just drive a little faster... If I just drive a little more recklessly... If I don't get stuck behind morons going the speed limit. The speed limit!

The same does not hold true for when I drive in from Mike's house. There are three different ways that I can take to Ann Arbor, but it really doesn't matter which way I take, because I am always going to get stuck in rush hour traffic. The two expressways are BY FAR the slowest routes, so I take the country backroads. Apparently, others have made the same decision.

The same thing always happens. I'll be trucking along in the Focus, thrilled to be driving even five miles over the speed limit, when I get stuck behind some asshat going fifteen under.

But I am going to have to get used to that country road route... I'm moving in with Mike!

2 comments:

Waayers said...

Wow, way to bury your big news!

And at least you don't have to deal with Virginia drivers anymore. I know how much you love them. Although now that I have a car of my own, I've discovered that Maryland drivers are WAY worse. I want to stab them.

Heather said...

waayers - OMG I HATE VIRGINIA DRIVERS. But I've heard the same thing about Maryland drivers, so I feel your pain.