Friday, May 21, 2010

So I Got This Brownie

I got this brownie yesterday. By today, I had only eaten some of it. That's how rich and chocolatey it was in its deliciousness.

I watch more than a few shows on the Food Network, and The Barefoot Contessa is one of my favorites. Ina made brownies once and added a little ground coffee to the batter. It enhances the chocolate, apparently.

"Make sure you use good vanilla."
(If you watch her show, you'll understand why this is funny.)

I thought to myself, "Ina is a smart cookie, and I sure as hell wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley, but coffee? That is strange." (This coming from a girl who covets cafe mochas on an almost daily basis.)

Right, so I think that I detected a smidge of coffee in these brownies and it was beyond delectable. It was brilliant. I could barely eat more than a few bites.

I mean, look how much was left:

Here it is next to my chapstick,
to give you an idea of the size of this brownie monster:

My cell phone was only slightly larger:

The purple pen... well, it made the brownie look foolish.

But the staple remover cowered in fear of the brownie!

Right, so I still have that much brownie left, and it's been two days. I suppose that I should be proud that I didn't eat it all in three seconds, but still. That is a DAMN LARGE BROWNIE.

5 comments:

JLR said...

Hey, that's my favorite type of pen! Pentel puts out a fine product, I must say.

And that brownie looks delish. Coffee really does work to enhance the chocolate flavor, but you have to do it right, otherwise it just tastes like coffee.

JLR said...

And I mean to say Pilot, not Pentel. I don't know why I said Pentel considering that Pilot is the only pen brand I buy. I am so ashamed now.

Heather said...

JLR - HOLY CRAP, I am so embarrassed for you right now. I don't even know what to say.

FOR SHAME.

But yes, I love those pens. I have them in six different colors at work!

JLR said...

Dude, I KNOW, right? If I were there right now, I couldn't even look you in the eye.

But I would bring you a brownie.

Heather said...

jlr - We could be best friends with brownies and awesome pens.