Sunday, June 07, 2009

Catch-up

Hey nerds! It's been absolutely nutters around here lately, what with temping (oh yes, I am temping, and it's been just GLORIOUS), the approaching summer, and way too many parties, showers, and get-togethers. What else has been going on?

First, my evil hippie landlord is making me take down my bird feeders, which pretty much crushes my soul. She admittedly knows nothing about birds, which is fairly surprising as I thought that hippies loved fauna as much as they love flora. She thinks that my bird feeders are going to contribute to the absolute ruin of the house, and I want to punch her for it, but it is her house, so I guess I have to comply.

But I really want to punch her.

Second, my cousin Christin got engaged, which is awesome. Congratulations to her and John, even though I'm pretty sure that she's never read this here blog even though I've sent it to her on multiple occasions, Christin.

Third, my poor little car got a new snazzy side mirror, though it did sport fancy silver duct tape for a few good days, making me feel more and more at home the closer I got to Detroit.

Fourth, a giant baby accosted me while on a picnic and tried to steal my camera:

But I prevailed:

Fifth, my other niece turned four. FOUR.

It seems like only yesterday that she looked like this:

She was quieter then, too. Which is a nice memory...

And I thought that April was supposed to bring rain showers, not June. But since it is a rare day that Michigan's weather makes any sense, it's rained here seven days out of the last eight. It's JUNE. Cut it out, WEATHER.

Also, I have a whole post about Mike's latest adventures on the golf course, but it should really be a photo post, and I have yet to go on a ride-along at the course this year, so it will just have to wait. (And while you're at it, picture me on a golf course and laugh your ass off a little bit).

Lastly, even though I've said it for the last year and a half, I am planning a trip to DC. Really! I mean, probably. Unless I get a real job. Or if the prices don't drop anytime soon. $200 for an hour-long flight? No, Northwest. No.

3 comments:

mush said...

Go to DC! Go! Go! I was just there at the end of May and it was GORGEOUS! I love DC, my home town, and miss it. Even though I go back 5-6 times a year. And.

Heather said...

mush - I'm really hoping to be able to fit it in, but there's the problem of cash. I have none.

Mush said...

I've got about some money in a change jar? Helping?