Thursday, January 22, 2009

Additionally...

I completely forgot this one when I posted about the upcoming movies I'm anticipating in 2009:


We used to check that book out of the library every other week until my parents bought us a hardcover copy. I'm pretty sure that it was lost in the Great Basement Flood of 2008.

Moment of silence.

Anyway, I know that there are probably a good number of people upset about this adaptation, but I am really excited to see it on screen. And the cast looks amazing. Yay for live action childhood memories!

4 comments:

Em said...

ARE.YOU.KIDDING. I am SO excited right now. I read this book on a weekly basis. I saw it at the Detroit Opera house, it was a 45 minute play. AWESOME.

Anonymous said...

There's a play?! I think I'd be more excited to see the play than the movie, but I definitely plan on seeing it. I love that book.

Em said...

There was a play! And it was MORE than I thought it could be! The costumes were absolutely amazing. All the screaming little darlings shut right up and were amazed for all 45 minutes... not a peep. I would highly recommend it if you ever hear of it anywhere.

Heather said...

em - I wish I had seen the play -> I love that the little darlings shut the fuck up for the whole play!

lem - I am really excited for the movie. I think that I'll be much more likely to see the movie than see it on stage.