Sunday, April 30, 2006

Skyland

This weekend, Amanda and I left the city behind and headed to Shenandoah National Park. We had a hotel-ish room with an amazing view of the valley and of my feet:





For dinner, we headed to the Tap Room where we dined on bar food and some interesting drinks:


I had a few of the Prohibition Punches. And soon felt like I had been punched. IN THE FACE.




Sunset

The walk back down the path to the room was slightly challenging after all of the "SHINE." Here's me posing on boulders. Yeah, because that's a smart thing to do when all liquored up: climb things:


We only stayed one night (probably for the best after our bar tab), and the drive back to DC on Sunday morning was one full of twists and turns. And deer just chillin' by the side of the road:


Finally, the colors were starting to emerge. Gorgeous!


I think that I might go back again this weekend. I just can't get enough!

No comments: