Saturday, April 08, 2006

Rainy Saturday (Not to be confused with Lazy Sunday)

It's rainy and cold today -- kind of a bummer as it's the weekend, but what are you going to do? Besides metro all the way to Old Town just to get a lovely turkey tom sammich from Jimmy John's, that is. Because I've already done that. How about movie night!

I have found myself watching the same few dvds over and over again, which is comforting and fun, but at the same time a little pathetic considering the fact that I have a ton of dvds. Meh. And while I already have a few comfort movies (
The Princess Bride, Sixteen Candles, and Dumb and Dumber), these are soon to be joining that list:

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I love it, and I'm not embarassed to admit it. It is the most innocent of the series and the least scary. The music is wonderful (as it is in all of them), and the kids are so young and cute. I love that I practically know it by heart and that the end still makes me cry a little. I mean, come on -- the photo album? So good.

Home Alone. Now that I have it on dvd, I have watched it more than a few times. I know that I've said it before, but when Kevin puts the tarantula on Marv's face and he screams like a little girl, I laugh like an idiot. Every time. I don't know what it is about this movie that keeps me watching it again and again, except that I know I would have never been so resourceful as Kevin when I was eight years old, that's for sure.

The Parent Trap. While I absolutely adore the original with Haley Mills, I think that I like the remake more. Perhaps that is blasphemous to some people, and maybe it's because I am from a different generation than my mother (well, obviously), but this update is adorable and also makes me cry. It's also nice to witness the impressive acting talents of Lindsay Lohan in her pre-skank years. "Sisters? Halley, we're like, twins!" And... scene.

I'm thinking that I might branch out and watch something else tonight, though.


Yeah, right.

No comments: