Thursday, April 06, 2006

Blogger's Block?

I always thought that writer's block was something that only afflicted college students and magazine writers. I never anticipated having such a long break between posts -- it just happened. I just haven't wanted to write. Now, that annoys me a little. It's like saying that I just haven't wanted to read. Or *gasp* that I haven't wanted to do a sudoku puzzle (I love them. So addicted). I think that the culprit is my mind-numbingly dull completely bored-off-my-ass job. So the job search has begun. And it's not going well AT ALL. Did you know that the Michigan economy is probably the worst in the country right now? Yep. Trying to find a job there is a great move, Heather. Good plan.

I also seem to be stuck in a daily routine. Wake up, hit snooze three times, shower, get ready, work, come home, eat, sleep. It's dull and I think that it's making me cranky. But I am tired of bars and happy hours and I am trying to save money, so shopping and such is basically out. I think that I might start walking to work and changing when I get here. It's gorgeous in the mornings, and I hopefully won't feel like such a slug. Maybe take some more pictures too (of things other than my niece). I need to get my mind back in order!

Not that I have too many pictures of my niece - I only take about forty pictures each weekend that I see her. That's not that many. It could be worse. I could be officially dubbed, "Crazy Picture Aunt." Oh wait. That already happened. Well then, I feel that is my right - nay DUTY - to post pictures of my niece. She's almost a year old and it's freaking me out!

I'd bet that bowl tastes amazing. Mmmm... molded plastic...

And here's a random picture! Pine trees pop up in the unlikeliest of places. Unless you meant to plant it behind the garage next to the neighbor's fence. Which is true in this case. I suppose that when my dad and brother were planting it there over ten years ago, he figured that he or my brother would mow it down eventually. Huh.


I braved the crowds down at the Tidal Basin just to get some pictures. And it was worth it. I walked from the American History Museum past the Washington Monument and strolled over to the Tidal Basin. Crawling with tourists, I was expecting to move about four feet a minute. Not true! If someone wished to take a picture of the pink and white flowers, they simply moved to the side of the walk. SERIOUSLY. What do you mean, Heather? They didn't stop in their tracks in the middle of the sidewalk causing a backup of khaki shorts and black socks? Well, a few did. But not enough to cause a full-blown traffic jam. It was kind of weird, though, moving along at a snail’s pace like an amoeba. But it was a beautiful day with a slight breeze and everyone seemed to have a smile on their face.
It's really a lovely picture, no?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, well, it is about time you showed up.

Anonymous said...

Good to see you're back! I missed reading your posts.

That last picture *is* quite lovely! I went down to the Tidal Basin last weekend and I saw people trying to JOG around that shizz! They didn't get very far, let me tell you.

Heather said...

That's funny! And the joggers were probably cursing the tourists under their breath. Sure, they're EVERYWHERE now, but jogging near the Tidal Basin on a Cherry Blossom Festival weekend day? They're just asking for trouble.

Anonymous said...

I have to say I did try jogging (on a weekday!) down past the waterfront over to East Potomac Park. People were just idiots! Don't walk four across and then give me a dirty look when I stop right in front of you! There's no where to go! You move! And I can I just ask how anyone can buy fish at the waterfron? First of all, it isn't caught there. Its probably from Baltimore or somewhere. They are catching and selling Potmac fish much less Anacostia fish. Well, maybe they were because that's what it smelled like. Really I almost barfed. It was hot and it smelled like rotting fish. Yuck.