Friday, March 22, 2013

Les Miserables

Right, so I finally saw the newest version of Les Miserables, and I was going to write my review, but then I totally forgot to do so and therefore all of my thoughts have merged with various reviews I've read elsewhere and I can't be confident that my thoughts aren't actually someone else's, so I am just going to say that I really enjoyed the movie, and I was really impressed with the actors, the script, and the cinematography.

So you should see it.

The real reason that I wanted to write this post is because I was going through stuff at my parents' house, and I found some long-lost pictures from high school.  

I've known and loved the musical Les Miserables for a long time.  It started in high school when I was a member of the SUPER COOL Marching Band.  My freshman year, we played music from Phantom of the Opera, and I was all, "yeah, yeah, tell me something I haven't heard a million times before because my dad plays it all the goddamned time."

And then, it was suddenly sophomore year, and we were to play Les Miserables.  AND IT WAS AWESOME, YOU GUYS.

Here is me, my horrible haircut, and my Coke habit at Bands of America Regionals:


And here is proof that while I was a dork, at least I didn't play the flute or something:


FUCK YEAH, SAXOPHONE.

No comments: