Monday, June 18, 2012

We Went to Seattle!

Mike and I went to Seattle, you guys!

His sister and her husband moved there um, a few years ago (?) and his parents moved there in 2010.  Or something like that.  I'm not so good with the dates.  Anyway, as of early May, Mike became an uncle again when his fourth nephew was born.

So we headed out there in early June and I am just getting to this now. I don't know if you've noticed, but lately? I have been a bit of a slacker on this here blog thing.

It started off with a bang - chilling in the Delta Sky Lounge.

Mr. Happy Dinosaur gets himself some water and hob-nobs with the elite.

The plane was a new and fun experience as well:
 
He said that he could see the mountains, but we were only over Ohio at that point.
And as there is absolutely nothing of value in Ohio, so we shut the shade.

Mike's parents met us at the airport and we immediately drove to his sister's to meet the three youngest boys.

The next morning, we journeyed to Snoqualmie Falls, famous for its role in Twin Peaks. We may have found a new animal friend there, but that's a story for another day.  


"The owls are not what they seem."

(Speaking of Twin Peaks , Mike finally agreed to watch the first episode, and was not impressed. "It's just a bunch of people crying about the girl dying. This is not entertaining."  And then he proceeded to read the show's entire synopsis on wikipedia and remained unimpressed.  "Hrmph," he said. "Hrmph," I said.)

Later that day, the whole gang headed to Safeco Field to watch the matchup of the Seattle Mariners and the LA Dodgers.  The Mariners?  Got shellacked: 8-2.

But it was still fun!  If it has been Tigers, I may have been more involved in the game, but they were busy in Cincinnati.  Besides, at Safeco Field, there were garlic fries.  Can we just take a moment to talk about the garlic fries?

OH. You guys, these fries were magical.  Fries tossed with chopped garlic and parsley (and probably clarified butter and grade-A crack for all I know).  I think that we all had garlic coming out of our pores.  WORTH IT. 


Mr. Happy Dinosaur was much more interested in the pace of play.


But the best part was watching Mike bond with his nephews.  It was awesome. 



 Oh, and remember that I mentioned a BABY?  Yeah.  Little Luke turned one month when we were there. 



He got the hiccups soon after this. Which was adorable.


And we eventually got ourselves to Pike Place Market, famous for the throwing of big fish.  But only if someone buys one, apparently.  Hence, we saw no flying fish.  But we did walk to the very first Starbucks, specifically so that I could take this picture:


P.S. I hate Starbucks.
P.P.S. We did not go inside.  


Chris and I wait for the shenanigans to end. Boys. Sigh.


It was a great trip, and I am so glad that we were able to make it out there.  I had never been to Seattle, and it was such an awesome experience.  Thanks for having us, Washington!

No comments: