Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Pizza. Deconstructed.

I was craving a BBQ Chicken Pizza the other night, but there was no way that I was changing out of my pajamas and back into real clothes to go to a restaurant or the grocery store, and there was also no way that I wanted to actually spend money of any kind.

It turns out that I had almost everything I needed on hand, which was miraculous, considering that I bought all of those things at random last weekend, but I didn't have pizza crust, nor was I going to make some from scratch.  The laziness was just too much for me. IT ABOUNDED.

But I did have a ton of brown rice.


So I took a chance, warmed it up, and... it was amazing.  AMAZING.
  • short grain brown rice, cooked
  • 1 cooked chicken thigh, chunked (I grilled mine on my nifty grill pan)
  • fresh pineapple chunks
  • 1 green onion, diced
  • fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
  • barbeque sauce
  • salt and pepper
Assemble and warm in microwave.  Can also be served chilled.  Brilliant!

And I'm sure that most normal people would add cheese, but cheese is the devil.  So I didn't.

No comments: