Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Fives Look Like Sixes!

So here's what my DUMB ASS did last night: So I have my sweet alarm clock on the other side of the room. It plays CDs, y'all - it's sweet. Do I use it? Um, no. That whole "getting out of bed to hit snooze will make me stay out of bed" idea didn't really work, so I just stopped it altogether.

Instead, I started using my cell phone's alarm clock and that seemed to be working out pretty well. Except that the numbers are kind of small. And blurry, once I've taken out my eyes for the night. Glasses? Who the hell needs those?

And so, when my alarm went off at what I THOUGHT was 6:15, I woke up diligently, stumbled to the bathroom and got in the shower. La di dah. I know that I take long showers, but it usually doesn't matter since CreePaul gets in the bathroom at 6:45 and Jenny at 7 (after she's come back from her runs. The girl is insane - she runs to work a few times a week. In ROSSLYN. From Union Station. Amazing).

I flip-flop down the hall to my room and CreePaul stomps past me to the bathroom. The fuck? CHILL! And then I saw the clock. 5:35.

What?!!? Fantastic. So I stood there in disbelief for a few minutes, and then figured I would get ready, have a nice breakfast, and get to work a little early. Ha.

Dried my hair and went back to bed is more like it. Got up at 7, got dressed and whatnot, and got to work 5 minutes early. I still can't believe what a MORAN I am. Yes, I know it's spelled wrong. If you're a reader of FARK, you'd understand. No? Okay, well, then let this be a clue:

Simply amazing.

3 comments:

Deals On Wheels said...

Better an hour early than an hour late...right?!

Anonymous said...

Haha! That picture is amazing. It reminds of that one writer on TWoP that always says, "what a maroon."

Heather said...

Sooooo glad I wasn't late. I've pulled that more than a few times as of late. Don't want to get a rep around here, after all!