Monday, December 05, 2005

Fever Pitch

I watched a sweet little movie called, Fever Pitch, starring Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore - two actors that you may have heard of. I love them both, and had been wanting to see it for months. The fact that the movie is based on a book by Nick Hornby (author of High Fidelity and About a Boy) made it even more of a "want-to-see" for me.

I really liked it and recommend it to all! It's not a sickeningly sweet chick flick, and it really tugs at guys' (or any sports fan, really) heart strings. As you watch the poignancy of the 2004 baseball season, you can think back to the times your favorite team won it all (GO WINGS!) or even imagine what it would be like (Um... GO LIONS! Heh. Right, like that will ever happen).

It also wasn't that predictable - at least for a romantic comedy. I liked it, especially because Jimmy Fallon's character didn't have to... oh, wait. Don't want to ruin it for anyone!

Try it out!

No comments: