Tuesday, June 27, 2006

K-10 in the A2

K-10 had to fly in from London for some training in Ann Arbor, so that's where my ass was this weekend. Oh, and hey -- why is it that when I rent a car, they give me a stupid Dodge Stratus, but when her company gets her a car, she gets an M6? Bitch.

Dinner at Prickly Pear and a drive around campus were definite musts. I love that campus. Every time I go back, I get excited. Granted, the one-way streets are now two-way streets, and there are about twenty more buildings than there were when we were students four years ago, but you understand. College memories are powerful because we were finally on our own. We were living with *gasp!* boys, drinking shitty beer, attempting the crossword puzzle during morning lectures (best way to not fall asleep), and avoiding the huge "M" on the Diag. There were football Saturdays and horrible group meetings, part-time jobs and crazy frat parties. You gain a sense of pride and school spirit that you'd never felt in high school - even if you were head cheerleader or student council president. It was your school, your place, your home.

We headed to Dominick's and Charley's before the night was out, and it sucked to leave. But the weekend rocked. And next time I see K-10, it will be in London. Here's hoping!

No comments: